Photo

Bosch Classix 1400 Not Heating (Wfo2867Gb/01)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jono12

jono12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi,
I have a Bosch Classix 1400 washing machine WFO2867Gb/01 that does not heat the water. There are no error codes and the wash goes through in normal time. This problem only occurred after I changed the bearings on the machine. Therefore I suspect it is something I did not connect correctly or caused some damage while working on the drum. I have checked the element and the NTC and both are working as expected, I have proved continuity of the NTC wiring back to the PCB and also the element wiring back to the PCB and pressure switch. The pressure switch appears to be working OK - 2 different connections are made depending on the pressure applied.

What else is involved in the heating system of the machine or is it possible to get diagrams on the wiring layout?

Thanks in advance for any information

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hello jono12: Have you read the troubleshooting help on washing machine not heating water? There is a link to another forum topic with a Bosh washing machine displaying your symptoms with a conclusion.

Please consider using my relevant affiliate links and ads to support my sites. 

• Disclaimer: You must be competent to carry out repairs, and accept responsibility for your own and other people's safety* -  DIY repair safety and tips

* I use all reasonable efforts to ensure information contained on Washerhelp is correct and accurate, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. I therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

#3 jono12

jono12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have checked the troubleshooting guide (washing machine not heating water) and read the related forum message (Bosch Wfr3267Gb/04 Not Heating). I am sure that water is not heating as I have checked the waste water temp after the wash cycle. In the related forum message PUP79 put a short circuit on the NTC wires back to the PCB and it produced a "temperature too hot" message. I have tried the same, but did not get any message. The machine continued through the wash cycle as normal. I checked resistance on these wires back to the PCB and am getting approx 3.5K. so they appear to be connected OK to the PCB.

While I had the drum out, I cleaned the limescale from the NTC and the element. I have checked resistance of both afterwards, but is it possible that cleaning could have caused a problem. Visually I cannot see any issues and they test OK

I still suspect that I did not connect something correclty etc after re-installing the drum. Is there anything other than the NTC, the element, the pressure switch and the PCB involved in the heating system on a machine>

Many thanks for all assistance

#4 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

This fault is an anomaly in that all faults are supposed to generate error codes these days. Therefore if the heater, the NTC (thermostat) or pressure switch etc. had a fault it should trigger specific errors. The forum post I linked to had this issue and it turned out to be a faulty connection on the NTC but if this doesn't explain your fault it's difficult to know what to advise.

The main things involved in the heating stage are the heater and NTC. If the NTC can't detect any rise in temperature it should produce an error code implicating a faulty NTC. Even if it was otherwise OK, and the heater was working but but something like heavy limescale or even damage to the bit touching the water prevented it reading the water temperature it should still cause the pcb to believe the heater is not working (even though it was) and trigger a faulty heater error code.

As the other thread shows, a faulty connection on the NTC, where the wires appeared connected but when gently pulled one came away can apparently cause no error but result in the symptoms you describe.

If you didn't have the fault before you replaced the bearings then all the implications are that it is related to something you did, but if everything looks connected ok it's a mystery.

Please consider using my relevant affiliate links and ads to support my sites. 

• Disclaimer: You must be competent to carry out repairs, and accept responsibility for your own and other people's safety* -  DIY repair safety and tips

* I use all reasonable efforts to ensure information contained on Washerhelp is correct and accurate, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. I therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

#5 jono12

jono12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hi Andy,

Again many thanks for your assistance.

I had a detailed look at the PCB, but did not see anything obviously wrong. However, on testing again (with an amp meter in series with the element), the machine is now heating the water during the wash cycle. Therefore, I can only assume there was a poor connection on one of the points on the PCB.

I noticed that my machine heats during the wash aspect of the program but does not heat during any of the rinse aspects of the program. Is this normal operation for any machine?

Many thanks

#6 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the update. Most washing machines rinse in cold water only.

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.