1 reply to this topic

#1 Curious

Curious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:47 PM

I just need some advice please I have a WM52 1000 spin and I think something has gone through the holes in the drum as when the drum is going round I can hear something catching. How easy is it to get it out and if it is left in there could it cause any damage?
Curious, is a made up name that I use to re-post questions I answered in my original Washerhelp forum (before I closed it to new questions). The reason I've transferred them to this new forum is to make them easier to find, more useful, and to add more relevant information and related links - as well as to host them on a much better forum. Andy - Washerhelp.

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:53 PM

The most common object that gets stuck inside a washing machine, and makes a noise when the drum turns is an underwire from a bra. 

I've written an article on this subject here - How to remove an underwire or obstruction from the drum

Please consider using my relevant affiliate links and ads to support my sites. 

• Disclaimer: You must be competent to carry out repairs, and accept responsibility for your own and other people's safety* -  DIY repair safety and tips

* I use all reasonable efforts to ensure information contained on Washerhelp is correct and accurate, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. I therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.