• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shrug

Shrug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

Hey, i am in the process off buying a new washing machine and i was thinking if there is any British manufactures that still make washing machines, as i might as well gave my money to the British economy than to some far eastern one. The only one i can find is Harris Classic which only make twin tub's.

If anyone know off any please let me know

Thanks

Shrug

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts | Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 JetSystem

JetSystem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Appliance collector and self-confessed clean freak

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hello there,

Sadly, there are no washing machines made in Britain anymore. I believe the last machines to be made here were Hotpoint WMA machines, but after Hotpoint was taken over by Indesit in 2007, the production of Hotpoint washers has now moved to the companies main plant in Italy. I believe the only appliances made in the UK anymore are Hotpoint and Indesit vented dryers (which are made at the former Hotpoint factory) and White Knight dryers (which are made at the Crosslee factory in Halifax)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users