• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hippo

Hippo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

We recently bought a new Miele 3242 to replace our old Hoover (oh what a nightmare that machine was), anyway on to my query:

When the Miele is on its spin cycle (maximum 1500 rpm) there is a banging / knocking noise as if the load is out of balance, we have run the machine empty and the noise does not exist.
I have checked the levels and the machine stands square and level and it is running on a flat tiled floor.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

We will call the Miele engineer out if we are not at fault but I am wondering if we are and not using it properly.

Before signing off I want to say that this site has been a wonderful source of information and help to us before we bought our machine

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts | Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

Sorry this one got missed. Every so often I don't receive notification that a new topic has been posted and I rely on them to keep track of things. This is probably too late but a knocking noise is sometimes caused by a lose tub weight although Miele washing machines have a cast iron weight which doesn't normally come loose. There's some general advice regarding noisy washing machines here - Washing machine is noisy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users