1 reply to this topic

#1 Curious

Curious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:44 PM

Hi, I've been having an intermittent problem with my washer (Model A2120). Every now and again it stops mid cycle and comes up with an E1 error. It happened again yesterday, so I decided to test a spin cycle to see if that worked. It never managed to make it to a full spin, only a standard slow turn and sounded like the pump was going for ages and then eventually did the E1 error.

It didn't look to have any water in it, and this is probably confirmed by the fact I was able to switch the washer off and back on again and it would let me open the door straight away.

It doesn't seem to be having problems filling with water or anything like that. I've tried the washer again today and it's worked fine, even though yesterday it got stuck every time I attempted a spin.

Have you any pointers on what I could look for to identify the problem.

Thanks
Curious, is a made up name that I use to re-post questions I answered in my original Washerhelp forum (before I closed it to new questions). The reason I've transferred them to this new forum is to make them easier to find, more useful, and to add more relevant information and related links - as well as to host them on a much better forum. Andy - Washerhelp.

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:53 PM

Error E1 means, "washing machine has exceeded a check time for fill, heat or empty".

Common causes for this are fill and empty problems, heater fault or wiring
to it broken, Pump open circuit (although that would stop the water draining too) Pressure chamber blocked or pressure tubing pipe looped below the pressure bottle or a sticking eco ball in the sump hose (sludge and grease build up.

I covered this error code in more detail here - Error Codes E1 And E2 For Hoover New Wave Washing Machine

Related links: Washing machine sticks or stops mid-cycle | Washing machine stops with an error code

Please consider buying spares from my 4Washerhelp links to support my sites. Prices are same as the other major spares sites but it helps keep my sites running.

Find a repairmanBuy appliance spare parts from 4Washerhelp

• Disclaimer: You must be competent to carry out repairs, and accept responsibility for your own and other people's safety* -  DIY repair safety and tips

* I use all reasonable efforts to ensure information contained on Washerhelp is correct and accurate, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. I therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users