• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nicko1980

Nicko1980

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:24 PM

I own an ariston A1636 washing machine, have done for nearly 2 years. I use it once a week as I live on my own and I think it is very good. It is very quiet, washes clothes very well and clothes come out almost dry as it is 1,600 spin. Does anyone else have the same model and if so what do you think about it.

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

I hope you get good value for money from the Ariston washing machine. It sounds like you are happy with it so far. However, the specs on this machine are very high for the money it costs. It has an impressive - 7 kg capacity, 1600 rpm, washing efficiency class A, energy class A, and spin efficiency class A - but it only costs 248.99. This is definitely a budget a washing machine.

To put it into pespective, a Miele W 3444 WPS washing machine with the same 1600 rpm spin speed but a smaller 6Kg drum costs about 738 and a Bosch WAE32464 1600 rpm washing machine with (again) a smaller 6Kg drum is 528

Ariston aren't the only budget washing machine but the problem with budget washing machines is that they aren't usually worth repairing if any of the following parts fail - Motor, Control module, Tub, Drum, Drum bearings as the spare parts are extortionately high compared to the purchasing cost.

#3 Nicko1980

Nicko1980

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:32 PM

The one you're on about is the A1637. The one I have is the A1636, which is the same except it has a 6 kg capacity. It was replaced by the A1637. I bought my Ariston A1636 in May 2005, from currys for 269.98 including delivery, It originally cost over 400, so it was amazing value. I have seen the parts prices, a motor, costs about 120, half the price of the machine nearly, although it is a brushless three phase induction motor so is very good. Even lots of more expensive machines don't have brushless motors, but the ariston A1636 and A1637 do. Even so parts aren't cheap, so if owt goes wrong with my machine, which is unlikely at the moment, i'll just buy a new machine.

#4 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:42 AM

I have seen the parts prices, a motor, costs about 120, half the price of the machine nearly, although it is a brushless three phase induction motor so is very good. Even lots of more expensive machines don't have brushless motors, but the ariston A1636 and A1637 do. Even so parts aren't cheap, so if owt goes wrong with my machine, which is unlikely at the moment, i'll just buy a new machine.

Sounds like you did get a very good deal. Induction motors should be more reliable and quieter than a universal motor but it of course depends on how well it's made. If cheap enough, many people are happy to take a chance and just replace a washing machine when it goes wrong. It's a gamble than can pay off.

#5 Poostix

Poostix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

Now inside this machine is just a hotpoint 1600 machine rebadged.

#6 Nicko1980

Nicko1980

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

Now inside this machine is just a hotpoint 1600 machine rebadged.

I know that they're made by the same company, the A1636 model I have uses the same brushless induction motor as the hotpoint ultima models, although has a few less programs ie, no time left display, instead has led lights showing the progress in the cycle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users