• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 salb

salb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:28 AM

Are all miele machines right-hand opening only? Having read the reviews and advice on your site I had persuaded myself to invest in one however since the machine goes in a cupboard under the stairs (hinged on the right) I need my machine to be hinged on the left.

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:14 AM

As far as I know they all open the wrong way. The reason Miele washing machine doors are hinged on the right side and open the opposite way to most other washing machines is that they are designed like that for Miele owners who also have a Miele tumble dryer. It's a nice clever little touch that few if any other manufacturers seem to have thought about. If the dyer and washer are placed side by side (with the washer on the right) then as the dryer door opens to the left (hinged on the right) and the washing machine's door is hinged on the right and opens to the right, a user can easily crouch in between them and take the washing from the washer and load it into the dryer. If both doors opened the same way you couldn't do that.

For other washing machines that have the hinge on the right side have a look at my whote goods blog article here - Washing machine door hinged on the right

#3 salb

salb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:13 AM

As far as I know they all open the wrong way. I can't think why, although it normally isn't a problem other than getting used to it.

Since I can't the get a Miele what would be your next best reccomendation for a machine which will wash althes and last more than a couple of years looks/gadgets unimportant - the IES?

#4 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:19 AM

AEG or Siemens aren't particularly well made. The ISE10 washing machine is good Miele alternative.

The ISE10 washing machine has the hinge on the right too - ISE10 washing machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users