• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 callan

callan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

I have an Indesit WIXL 163 that is about 4 years old. When I set the machine to hot wash (90 degrees) all the LED lights flash and the machine cuts out. When set to 40 degrees the machine fills and goes into the wash cycle but the wash cycle continues endlessly until I stop it manually. If I then manually set it to rinse and drain the machine completes these cycles.
I have tried checking and cleaning the filter and drain hose but to no avail.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

It could be the thermistor but faulty thermistors are supposed to generate proper error codes. May be better to get an engineer in.

Please consider using my relevant affiliate links and ads to support my sites. 

• Disclaimer: You must be competent to carry out repairs, and accept responsibility for your own and other people's safety* -  DIY repair safety and tips

* I use all reasonable efforts to ensure information contained on Washerhelp is correct and accurate, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. I therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

#3 callan

callan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

I think you may be right, I have just run the machine empty on a 0 degrees wash and it went through the cycle perfectly.Is changing the thermostat very difficult?
thanks for you advice.

#4 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

It's normally just a small crystal filled device with 2 wires pushed into the heater or very close to it.

Please consider using my relevant affiliate links and ads to support my sites. 

• Disclaimer: You must be competent to carry out repairs, and accept responsibility for your own and other people's safety* -  DIY repair safety and tips

* I use all reasonable efforts to ensure information contained on Washerhelp is correct and accurate, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. I therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.