1 reply to this topic

#1 Cryff Moon

Cryff Moon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hello,

Recently on our machine when we load a wash and close the door, the locked door button flashes as if to say the door is closed properly and the cycle doesn´t start.

We have tried using loads of different sizes, pushing the closed tightly, but it the light still flashes and we can´t do any washing.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Get Special Offers Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts Buy Appliances | Main help site is White goods help

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

#2 Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Washerhelp_Whitegoodshelp

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

How many times does it flash? If it's a constant flash it may just be indicating the door isn't closed properly or that the connection inside the door interlock isn't being made (or the interlock is faulty). If it flashes a set number of times and then pauses for a second before repeating it could be reporting an error code although it sounds more like the former to me.

Try spraying the door interlock and catch with WD-40 and make sure the door seal hasn't started peeling off the rim preventing the door from closing properly.

Please consider using my relevant affiliate links and ads to support my sites. 

• Disclaimer: You must be competent to carry out repairs, and accept responsibility for your own and other people's safety* -  DIY repair safety and tips

* I use all reasonable efforts to ensure information contained on Washerhelp is correct and accurate, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. I therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.